INVITATION TO BID
(ITB) To all Contractors of category GC-1/BC-1 with license valid for the year 2010 Ethiopian Calendar
Project Procurement Reference No: ITB/AHRI/002/2018
- The Federal Ministry of Health - Armauer Hansen Research Institution (AHRI) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for furnishing the necessary material, labor and equipment for the construction and completion of Research Center Laboratory and Office Complex Building in its premises in Addis Ababa.
- The domestic bidder has to present valid license /Trade and construction/, Tax Clearance letter, VAT registration certificate andTin registration; foreign bidders must as appropriate submit business organization registration certificate or trade license issued by the country of establishment to buy the document.
- The bidder has to sign on Anti bribery pledge form; a statement of undertaking to observe Ethiopian Law against Fraud and Corruption and other forms that ought to be completed and signed by him/her.
- Bidders attempting to influence the bid shall be disqualified from the bid, prohibited from participating in any future public procurement and the bid security deposited by them shall be forfeited.
- Eligible bidders are required to submit Technical and Financial proposals original and copy in a separate envelope. A contractor will be selected under Quality - and Cost- based selection procedures described in the bidding document.
- A complete set of bid document may be purchased by any interest eligible bidder at: AHRI Finance and Procurement Director Tel: +251-118278525, +251-118697217, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia against a non-refundable fee of birr 350.00 /Three hundred fifty Ethiopian Birr/.
- Any quires can be forwarded to the procuring entity from Monday to Friday at working hours from 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI), ALERT Center, Jimma Road, Addis Ababa.
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid security, in the form of certified cheque or a Bank Guarantee of amount ETH Birr 500,000.00 (Five hundred thousand Ethiopian Birr only). Bids must be delivered to : AHRI Finance and Procurement Director, Procurement Unit, Office No. 6, Tel: +251-118278525, +251-118697217, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on or before 3:00PM of the 35thday to be counted from the date of announcement of the tender. Technical proposal will be opened on the same day, at 3:30 PM in the presence of the bidders who wish to attend and the repersentatives must bring the company ID or the company official delegation letter. If the 35th day is not a working day, the bid will be closed and opened at the aforementioned time of the next working day. Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 days after bid opening.
- The Financial proposal of the bidders who pass the technical qualification criteria shall be opened, in the presence of the bidders who wish to attend and the repersentatives must bring the company ID or the company official delegation letter, on the date to be announced by the employer.
- AHRI will post all detail and necessary information regarding this tender announcement on its website http://www.ahri.gov.et Furthermore, AHRI will post all necessary notices regarding this project on its website. Therefore, all interested applicants are advised to refer the AHRI website throughout the period of the bid process.
- AHRI reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.