As organized by AHRI’s Good Governance Directorate, AHRI conducted its first public wing meeting as a government health agency within the institute’s premise on the 22nd of April 2021. The meeting was set up in order to engage the public on the institute’s works as well as to express AHRI’s intention in working together with the public wing.
Dr. Abebe Genetu, Director General of AHRI welcomed the participants on behalf of the Institute and explained the main objective of the meeting. Furthermore, he shared an in-depth overview of the research institute’s areas of work over the past 51 years inclusive of research achievements.
An interactive, question and answer session was further held following the overview presentation, where participants of the meeting forwarded their suggestions, comments and the way forward to work in collaboration with AHRI.
The public wing participants included representatives from;
- Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI)
- Ethiopian Food and Drug Administration (EFDA)
- Ethiopian Thoracic Society (ETC)
- Biological Society of Ethiopia (BSE)
- Ethiopian Academy of Sciences (EAS)
- Ethiopian Veterinary Association (EVA)
- Ethiopian North America Health Professional Association (ENAHPA)
- Kolfe Keranio Sub-city administration
- Woreda Administration
AHRI as an institute will always strive to have a; participatory, consensus-oriented, accountable, transparent, responsive, effective and efficient, equitable and inclusive public wing engagement. To this end AHRI looks forward to future rounds of public wing meetings.